Hello, and good day everyone, I would like to thank all of you for visiting my blog and for your interest in our work. Also, I’d like to apologize for the delay in updating the blog: I was busy with overtime and extra work for the past couple of months and now I’m glad to be back for a new category called “Office Supplies”. Office supplies are all the equipment regularly used in offices and also very essential for your business. There are many things that I can share with you through this category such as, what’s the best fireproof safes to buy in 2019? how do you create an essential list of office supplies? how to choose the best brand for a paper trimmer?
What’s so important about office supplies? Well, first, it helps your team to operate efficiently, second, it can create a pleasant atmosphere. Stocking your new business startup with the right office supplies is not an easy task at all. But don’t worry, I’ll save your time by making many articles as I mentioned earlier. From the budget one to something fancier, you can find in this blog. Like always, I consider three things very important to achieve best; size, comfort or ergonomics for increased productivity and durability.
Manage office supplies inventory are necessary too. Each day It’s like how many times you lost small items that can easily disappear. Once you have the supplies in place, it’s really important to maintain the usage like calculator, toner, bank paper, cleaning materials, pen etc by following some simple guidelines of basic inventory management. As a growing firm, make sure you keep an eye on this one. Any product-based or service-based companies know that your inventory is actually your business. This is why you shouldn’t underestimate the “power” of office supplies.
For sure office supplies cost money but investing that in your small business, startup or growing corporation are fun and improve your efficiency in short- and long-term needs as long as you’re not spending it too much. Keep it under control so you don’t have to bust your budget. Especially, if money is tight for you. You should have a nice budget plan because the plan is to determine in advance whether you will have enough money or not. You need to focus more on growing your savings, it takes discipline and determination. Figure out your business growth regularly to ensure that you’re on track to reach your company’s full potential.
Follow these five steps to have a better chance at setting up your day for a better office inventory:
1. Tracking Your Inventory
If you’re struggling how to keep track of your inventory and just the thought of it stress you out. Well, there are quite a few different ways that you can keep track of your inventory, surely you can make things a lot easier on yourself if you do the right way. Today I’m going to show you some methods of inventory tracking:
- Manual Tracking. The old-school way that years ago, companies used to track inventory manually by using a computer spreadsheet or inventory log book. This method might still work for small startup businesses and still being done by a lot of businesses today. If you have a low number of products then go for it! you need some items including pen, calculator, clipboard, ruler etc.
- Automated Tracking. The simplest method for inventory tracking. Inventory management software like Syspro, Shopventory, Acumatica, SAP Business One Professional and Oracle NetSuite OneWorld(my favorite) can manage your inventory a whole lot easier, save you countless hours and for safety reason, this is your best choice. A well-equipped inventory management software can turn around business profitability. The method suitable for all business levels.
2. Create a Master List of Supplies
You can create a detailed checklist of all your regularly used office supplies. I believe the items contained in this list of office supplies will be common to the majority of people. The following Essential list should help ensure that the basic items are covered.
- Bulldog Clip
- Drawing pins
- Filling cabinet
- Fountain pen
- Glue stick
- Paper clips
- Pencil sharpener
- Rubber stamp
- Sticky notes
- Swivel chair
- Tape dispenser
3. Researching new office products
Research a new product is a vital part of investing. Helping you avoid expensive mistakes and meet company needs. Part of this process you will need to figure out what kinds of new office products may bring a profit. Failure to do product research is like operating a complex machine without a manual book. Create a new budget plan based on your research to control how much you spend on office supplies to stay within the budget. If you need to stock up on office items, a good destination would be Amazon.
4. Compare prices before you buy
How to get the best price possible? That’s the most question asked by many people. Well, I would suggest you try a comparison website. It has increased in popularity in recent years and it keeps getting bigger because it helps consumers to get better value when they buy office supplies. Take a look at the major benefits of using a price comparison sites:
- Great suppliers come with unbeatable prices on office supplies & stationery. Choose the right supplier and you’ll be on your way to get what’s best out there.
- Every seller can claim their product is the best world, with the comparison website you can also compare the details of more than one products.
- Some suppliers might have exclusive deals. So, make sure you just don’t end up with one site because every comparison sites don’t all give you the same results.
- It gives you a wide variety of sellers to choose from.
5. Bulk purchasing
You should always consider buying in large quantities. Make sure you ask the supplier i.e. “Do you offer discounts for bulk purchases?” because buying supplies in bulk is the key to saving more money and some larger supply companies commit that they want to satisfy the customer with their purchase decision. I know what you’re thinking that you’ll have to pay more up front, right? Believe me, you will save much time as you do not have to order the same thing in the near future and large companies also have a rewards program for their loyal customers. It’s a massive opportunity to reach, engage, and enhance your shopping experiences.
The more you pay attention to the procedures of your inventory, the more easy you can work to manage your complex office inventory in order to run your business smoothly, it might cause a lot of trouble if you don’t create a well-written procedures. For tips on how to find computer desks for less, check out Best Computer Desk Under $200
Armanto Putra is a full-time blogger, with a passion for online entrepreneurship and enjoying his computer desk so much. Through this blog, he’d like to help you find the right computer desk. Hope you enjoy it!